Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mother's Day

I guessed my gift...I wasn't too happy about it. Am I rude? Well, maybe I am...do I really want the gift for Mother's Day...NO...it is a total guy gift. Let me back track...Kenny has been telling me for about a week or two that he knows what he is getting me for Mother's Day. I was kind of excited...Kenny always waits until the last minute. So...he keeps saying..."Well, I hope you will like it". Then he tells me that he will benefit from it. Well, what could it be. I haven't been to nosy about it. He just keeps bring it up. Well, the other day we were at his parents house, and he was on the computer...he yelled at me for even trying to see what he was doing. I didn't know he was looking at my gift or researching it. Oh, the other clue is that I won't be able to see it on our account. Well, yesterday was the day I found out. We were talking about it...I told him there was this book for Mother's that I wanted. He told me too bad. He already knows what he is getting me. A light bulb went off in my head...Are you Ready...drum roll please...BYU Football Season Tickets. Yes, that is what he was going to get me. Let me back up again...We were already planning on getting these tickets...we have been getting them the past few years. His dad buys them, and then we pay him back. That way we can all have seats together. That is why I wouldn't be able to see it on our account, that is why he would benefit from the gift. Well, I told him I don't want that. I am rude, I know, but it is MOTHER'S DAY...not Father's Day. I told him why don't we count the tickets as his Birthday and Father's day gift. It is more for him anyways. Yes, I do like to go to the games, but come on. Okay, now that I have made my husband look bad...he really isn't... sometimes he is like any other husband...they just don't get it. Anyways, I guessed my gift...let's see what he will do now...probably nothing since I made him feel bad. Again...I know I am rude!! GO COUGARS!!!!!!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

LOL...you are so funny. I am sure I would react the same way..that is if my husband ever thought about Mother's Day..lol

Tammie said...

That gift is a total cop-out! He should buy you the book too! I am going to be neeeding a hair cut soon!

sharon said...

The rude thing was buying you BYU tickets...I mean come on!! GO UTES :)sharon

Tara said...

Seriously, BYU tickets? I'd be ticked too!! But probably for different reasons. ha ha! :)

Tamara said...

My husband last year, got me a computer hard drive. I just kind of stared at him... he was sure excited about it. I completely feel for you!

The Egans said...

That's hilarious! I don't know anyone funnier than Kenny...maybe, you! You guys crack me up! Let's hang out soon!

The Carnavale Family said...

You guys are so funny, we miss you so much! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!